Final Prep: Covers Quiz Prep 1, 2, 3.1-3.2, 3.3, 4.1, 4.2, 7.1, 7.2-7.3, 7.4-7.5 and 8
Here is the study guide final preparation or “final prep” I use with my nursing students at Laboure College in Milton, MA. This blog post and the attached files are aimed at:
- Educators who would like to use these materials in their classes, and
- Students of statistics, especially those in healthcare.
At the end of this final prep, learners should be able to:
- Complete questions about data, sampling and study design taught in Chapter 1 quiz prep,
- Complete questions about frequency histograms and distributions taught in Chapter 2 quiz prep,
- Complete questions about measures of central tendency and variation taught in Chapter 3.1-3.2 quiz prep and Chapter 3.3. quiz prep, and
- Complete questions about correlation and the least squares line taught in Chapter 4.1 quiz prep and Chapter 4.2 quiz prep.
- Complete questions about z-score probabilities taught in Chapter 7.1 quiz prep, Chapter 7.2-7.3 quiz prep, and Chapter 7.4-7.5 quiz prep.
- Complete questions about confidence intervals taught in Chapter 8 quiz prep.
Read Each Chapter Blog Post and See Each Video!
Download the Materials!
Download Questions by clicking this link.
Download Answers by clicking this link.
Brase, C. H., & Brase, C. P. (2013) Understanding Basic Statistics, 6th Edition. Boston, MA, Brooks/Cole Publishers.
This final prep focuses on Chapters 1, 2, 3.1-3.2, 3.3, 4.1 , 4.2, 7.1, 7.2-7.3, 7.4-7.5, and 8.
Ohasama article: Imai, Y., et al. (1993) Characteristics of a community-based distribution of home blood pressure in Ohasama in northern Japan. J Hypertension 11(12):1441-1449.
Statistical primer: Statistical Primer for Cardiovascular Research.