Quiz Prep 8: How to practice (and teach) making confidence intervals with known and unknown population SD.
Here is the study guide quiz preparation or “quiz prep” I use with my nursing students at Laboure College in Milton, MA. This blog post and the attached files and videos are aimed at:
- Educators who would like to use these materials in their classes, and
- Students of statistics, especially those in healthcare.
At the end of this quiz prep, learners should be able to:
- Calculate a confidence interval using a known population standard deviation.
- Calculate a confidence interval using a sample standard deviation.
- Interpret the meaning of a confidence interval.
Watch the Video!
Download the Materials!
Download Questions by clicking this link.
Download Answers by clicking this link.
Brase, C. H., & Brase, C. P. (2013) Understanding Basic Statistics, 6th Edition. Boston, MA, Brooks/Cole Publishers.
This quiz prep focuses on Chapter 8.
Article on blood pressure in male physicians: Systolic and diastolic blood pressure, pulse pressure, and mean arterial pressure as predictors of cardiovascular disease risk in men.