Quiz Prep 7.4-7.5: How to practice (and teach) calculating z-score probabilities with sampling distributions
Here is the study guide quiz preparation or “quiz prep” I use with my nursing students at Laboure College in Milton, MA. This blog post and the attached files and videos are aimed at:
- Educators who would like to use these materials in their classes, and
- Students of statistics, especially those in healthcare.
At the end of this quiz prep, learners should be able to:
- Use the z-score formula to calculate a z-score for an x on a normal distribution where the population mean and standard deviation are known.
- Use the z-score formula to calculate a z-score for a sample mean on a normal distribution where the population mean and standard deviation are known.
- Explain the standard error is.
Watch the Video!
Download the Materials!
Download Questions by clicking this link.
Download Answers by clicking this link.
Brase, C. H., & Brase, C. P. (2013) Understanding Basic Statistics, 6th Edition. Boston, MA, Brooks/Cole Publishers.
This quiz prep focuses on Chapter 7.4-7.5.
Kidney dialysis patient article reference: Outpatient red blood cell transfusion payments among patients on chronic dialysis.
Original landmark article from Charlson on the Charlson Co-morbidity Index: Validation of a combined comorbidity index.