Quiz Prep 4.2: How to practice (and teach) making the least squares line equation and prediction.
Here is the study guide quiz preparation or “quiz prep” I use with my nursing students at Laboure College in Milton, MA. This blog post and the attached files and videos are aimed at:
- Educators who would like to use these materials in their classes, and
- Students of statistics, especially those in healthcare.
At the end of this quiz prep, learners should be able to:
- Use a small dataset of x, y pairs to calculate the slope and y-intercept of a least squares regression equation.
- Explain the meaning of the regression equation.
- Use the coefficient of determination to assess the usefulness of the equation as a predictive model.
- Make a prediction using a least squares regression equation.
Watch the Video!
Download the Materials!
Download Questions by clicking this link.
Download Answers by clicking this link.
Brase, C. H., & Brase, C. P. (2013) Understanding Basic Statistics, 6th Edition. Boston, MA, Brooks/Cole Publishers.
This quiz prep focuses on Chapter 4.2.