Quiz Prep 3.3: How to practice (and teach) box-and-whisker plots and interquartile range.
Here is the study guide quiz preparation or “quiz prep” I use with my nursing students at Laboure College in Milton, MA. This blog post and the attached files and videos are aimed at:
- Educators who would like to use these materials in their classes, and
- Students of statistics, especially those in healthcare.
At the end of this quiz prep, learners should be able to:
- Find quartile 1 and quartile 3 in a small dataset.
- Draw a box-and-whisker plot.
- Calculate the interquartile range.
Watch the Video!
Download the Materials!
Download Questions by clicking this link.
Download Answers by clicking this link.
Brase, C. H., & Brase, C. P. (2013) Understanding Basic Statistics, 6th Edition. Boston, MA, Brooks/Cole Publishers.
This quiz prep focuses on Chapter 3.3.
Hospital data from the American Hospital Directory.