Quiz Prep 3.1-3.2: How to practice (and teach) calculating mean, median, mode, range, variance, and standard deviation.
Here is the study guide quiz preparation or “quiz prep” I use with my nursing students at Laboure College in Milton, MA. This blog post and the attached files and videos are aimed at:
- Educators who would like to use these materials in their classes, and
- Students of statistics, especially those in healthcare.
At the end of this quiz prep, learners should be able to:
- Find the mean, median and mode for a small dataset.
- State the definition of minimum and maximum, and how they are used in calculating range.
- Explain how to use the variance and standard deviation formulas.
Watch the Video!
Download the Materials!
Download Questions by clicking this link.
Download Answers by clicking this link.
Brase, C. H., & Brase, C. P. (2013) Understanding Basic Statistics, 6th Edition. Boston, MA, Brooks/Cole Publishers.
This quiz prep focuses on Chapters 3.1 and 3.2.
Hospital data from the American Hospital Directory.